Respecting your privacy and your personal data is a priority for MCA, which undertakes to comply with the amended French Data Protection Act (‘Loi Informatique et Libertés’) no. 78-17 of January 6th, 1978.
MCA undertakes at all times to adhere to the following two (2) key principles:
- You have control of your personal data at all times
- Your data are processed in a transparent, confidential and secure manner.
WHO ARE WE?
Your personal data are collected and processed by Marie Claire Album, a French limited liability company (‘société anonyme’) with share capital of 4,347,640 euros. This company is registered on the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under number B 552 062 770 and is located at 10 boulevard des Frères Voisin, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France. MCA is responsible for processing personal data used in connection with the Website’s operation.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
In the course of operating the Website, MCA may collect personal data about users of its Website. These data are processed in accordance with the intended purposes of collection.
Specifically, MCA may collect personal data in the following instances:
- When you visit the Website,
- When you use features and/or services provided by the Website,
- When you sign up for the newsletter,
- When you sign up for an offer from our partner L’Oréal Paris,
- When you interact with MCA or other users via the Website,
- When you ask for MCA to contact you,
- When you request documentation.
During registration, some of the details that you will be asked to provide are mandatory. These will be indicated by an asterisk. Please note that if you choose not to provide this information, we will be unable to fulfil your request. We only collect personal data that you have willingly provided. MCA uses such data to fulfil your requests for certain services, and to optimize the Website’s operation and effectiveness. We undertake not to sell or pass on your addresses to any third parties without your prior consent.
As regards international versions of the Website (including and not restricted to the UK, Russia, Spain, Germany and Italy), MCA may collect personal data from foreign countries and process these data in France. In such cases, data protection is governed by the French Data Protection Act (‘Loi Informatique et Libertés’) of January 6th, 1978.
Regardless of the method used to collect your data, MCA undertakes to inform you of the following: the purposes of the processing; the mandatory or optional nature of your answers to questions; any consequences if you fail to answer; the recipients of the data; and your rights to access, rectify and object to the processing of your data, as well as the procedures for doing so.
When required under the French Data Protection Act, MCA undertakes, where appropriate, to obtain your consent and/or allow you to object to the use of your data for certain purposes.
The following kinds of data may be collected and processed by MCA:
- identification data: title, first and last names, postal address, phone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, nationality, language, copy of national identity card (if applicable), copy of proof of identity (as evidence for exercising the right to access, rectify or object to the use of data, or to meet a legal obligation), and proof of address;
- login data: IP addresses and connection logs;
- data relating to a selection of users for the purposes of conducting loyalty campaigns, prospecting, surveys, product testing and promotions;
- data relating to contributions from users who have posted product reviews (in particular, their pseudonym).
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR?
Your data are collected for the purposes of:
- ensuring the successful operation and continual improvement of the Website, its services and its features;
- sending out newsletters;
- managing requests in connection with the right to access, rectify and object to the use of data;
- producing statistics with a view to improving the Website’s operation and the quality of its services.
MCA may also use these data for legal and/or regulatory purposes.
In all cases, MCA undertakes to process all the data it collects in compliance with the amended French Data Protection Act no. 78-17 of January 6th 1978, and in accordance with the disclosure of its processing to the CNIL (French data protection and civil liberties authority).
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
- Only the following parties may have access to the personal data of the Website’s users: staff from MCA’s different sales, administrative, logistic and IT departments, and staff involved in the various audits and inspections performed on MCA (both external and internal to the company);
- any subcontractors employed, provided that the contract signed between MCA and these subcontractors sets out the latter's obligations with regard to data protection and security, and describes the security requirements. MCA may collect personal data with a view to passing them onto L’Oréal Paris, which may transfer them to companies within the L’Oréal group.
Your data are not disclosed, exchanged, sold or leased to any party other than those mentioned above.
WHAT ABOUT MY CONSENT?
On the Website, you are asked to provide various personal details in order to receive the newsletter offered by MCA.
By willingly providing your personal data, you expressly give consent to MCA to collect these data for the purposes described to you.
As users of the Website, you give consent to MCA to collect your login data on the Website in order to facilitate your browsing.
Your prior consent (opt-in) will also be required for any marketing and prospecting activities and before passing on details to third parties, such as L’Oréal Paris, pursuant to article L. 34-5 of the French Postal and Electronic Communications Code (‘Code des Postes et des Communications Électroniques’) and subject to the exceptions provided for by the aforementioned article.
WHERE ARE THE DATA STORED?
The data we collect are stored in France.
19 rue Alphonse de Neuville 75017 Paris France
Capital : 2 325 000 €
RCS : Paris 332 484 021
Phone number: 01 40 61 20 00
18 rue Roger Simon Barboux
94 110 Arceuil France
Capital : 411 319,32 €
RCS : Paris 438 384 406
Phone number : 01 70 98 14 00
HOW IS MY DATA KEPT SECURE?
MCA complies with the French Data Protection Act (‘Loi Informatique et Libertés’) with respect to the security and privacy of your data.
Accordingly, and taking into account the nature of your data and the inherent risks in our processing, MCA takes the necessary precautions to ensure the security of these data and, more specifically, prevent them from being misrepresented, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third parties. (For example, our premises are physically protected and our clients undergo an authentication process with personal and secure access via confidential IDs and passwords. Connection logs are maintained and some data are encrypted.)
The Website may contain links to third-party websites that we do not operate. We cannot accept any liability for providing such links giving access to these external sites and sources, and we cannot be held responsible for any content, advertisements, products, services or any other materials available on or from these external sites or sources that are neither vetted nor approved by our staff. We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies for these third-party websites before providing your personal data.
On the Website, you can click on icons linked to the social networks Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
Consequently, any personal information that you have made publicly accessible from your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest profiles will also be accessible to MCA, as this is expressly authorized by the user.
However, MCA does not create or use any separate databases derived from the personal information you may have posted on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, and MCA will not use any of your private and personal data from these sources.
If you wish to prevent MCA from accessing the personal information posted on the public space of your social network profiles or accounts, you will need to use the functions that Facebook and Google provide to restrict access to your data.
As a general rule, MCA recommends that you read the privacy policies of the social networks you use.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Note that, pursuant to the French Data Protection Act no. 78-17 (‘Loi Informatique et Libertés’) of January 6th 1978, as amended by the law of August 6th 2004, you have the right to access, rectify, update, block or erase any personal data about you if this information is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date, or if its collection, use, disclosure or storage is prohibited.
You can also object to our processing of your personal data, if you have a legitimate reason for doing so.
You can exercise these rights by simply emailing your request to the dedicated address email@example.com, or by sending a letter to the address MCA, beautifulskin.com website, 10 boulevard des Frères Voisin, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France, providing proof of your identity, and citing a legitimate reason when this is required by law.
If you send us a copy of an identity document as proof of your identity, we will retain it for one (1) year, or three (3) years if you are exercising your right to object to the use of your data.
In the case of marketing and prospecting activities, you can object to the processing of your data without having to pay any fees or provide a legitimate reason.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY DATA?
MCA undertakes that the data collected will be stored, in a manner that allows you to be identified, for a period not exceeding the length of time needed to achieve the objectives for which the data were originally collected and processed.
Accordingly, your personal data may not be kept for a period longer than twelve (12) months, with the exception of certain data that are archived in accordance with applicable legal provisions (in particular, those stipulated by the French Commercial Code, Civil Code, Consumer Code, and Monetary and Financial Code), if their storage is required to establish proof of a right or contract, or to meet a legal obligation.
- in the case of marketing and prospecting activities, your identification data are stored for three (3) years from the date when they were collected or from the last time you contacted MCA;
- for anti-money laundering purposes (article L.561-12 of the French Monetary and Financial Code), your identity data are stored for five (5) years.
LOGIN DATA AND COOKIES
For the purposes of improving the user experience on its Website, MCA reserves the right to use login data (e.g. date, time, internet protocol address of the visitor's computer, and pages visited) and cookies (small files stored on your computer) in order to identify you, record details of your browsing activity, and benefit from audience metrics and statistics for the Website, particularly in relation to the pages viewed.
By using this website, you agree that MCA can install ‘technical’ cookies whose sole purpose is to allow or facilitate electronic communication between your device and our Website, while also facilitating the Website's management and browsing.
Accordingly, we will only access information stored on your device, or record information on your device, in the following cases:
- To enable or facilitate electronic communication;
- When necessary, to provide our online communication service in response to a request made by you.
As with other data, you can exercise your right to access these login data by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a letter to the address MCA, mapeaumonageetmoi.fr website, 10 boulevard des Frères Voisin, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France, providing proof of your identity.
For details on the rules for managing cookies, please read our Cookie usage policy at the following address: http://www.beautifulskin.com/,cookie-usage-policy,80.asp